AGX is excited to offer student scholarships to support travel to our conference this year!
To ensure our conference is accessible to the upcoming generation of Applied Geographers, the board is pleased to be able to provide a limited number of scholarships to support undergraduate and graduate students who would like to attend our conference. To learn more about the scholarship and to apply, head to our Google Form.
The AGX Board is pleased to invite you to attend the 2023 edition of the conference, the majority of which will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from October 25th through the 28th. We are so excited to see everyone back in person!
Specific conference features to anticipate include:
- As usual, a wide range of stimulating paper and panel session opportunities will bring together practitioners and researchers from across the spectrum of applied geography.
- AGX is working to build another great student competition opportunity for students to display their geospatial skills and knowledge
- Our signature reception networking events will be back in person, providing an excellent chance for conference attendees to build new collaborations and meet old friends.
We also want to note that the conference journal, Papers in Applied Geography, welcomes contributions from registered attendees of AGX 2023. Upon submitting your manuscripts, please mention your attendance to the conference in the cover letter to receive expedited handling of reviews of your manuscripts. All subfields of applied geography will be considered.
Conference Registration Information
Pricing for the conference is as follows:
- $165 for professionals (practitioners, faculty, etc.)
- $85 for graduate students
- $45 for undergraduate students
You can head to our conference portal to register today!
*Your conference registration confirmation e-mail may end up in your junk/spam folder.*
Conference Location and Lodging Information
The conference will be held at the Drury Plaza Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. The conference committee is excited to host at this wonderful postmodern renovated hotel which was originally the federal reserve bank. The hotel is walking distance from Pittsburgh Union Station as well as a wide variety of restaurants, entertainment, as well as the Allegheny River!
Hotel amenities include:
We have secured special pricing for our conference through the hotel. It is $195 per night (before taxes and fees) for a two-queen bedroom. You can book using our special booking link below or you can call 1-800-325-0720 and referr to group number 10056030.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Interested in sponsoring our conference? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.